Building Manager, Garry Earley, has been with the company for 25 years and is a highly skilled tradesman and experienced manager of large scale projects. He works alongside a team of fifteen skilled builders and craftsmen who all relish the challenge of delivering high quality work, every day, for every client.
The team has a wide range and knowledge of traditional building methods. Some of these include:
- Manufacturing our own joinery from traditional box-frame sliding sash windows to kitchen units and bars in public houses, as well repairing joinery within listed buildings.
- Fireproofing structures including listed buildings.
- Lime rendering and lime-work repairs
- One of Cornwall’s experts in laying traditional scantle slate wet laid roofs
- Expert lead-working skills
- Decoration of surfaces including a variety of different materials and methods including marbling, ragging and graining.
Over the last few years we have completed various residential and commercial projects, most recently for the following clients:
- Godolphin House – repair and conversion of the Piggery into Godolphin House’s main entrance facility with a reception, toilets and accommodation.
- Renovation and refurbishment of the Grade 1 listed castle on St Michael’s Mount.
- Conversion of the listed Bargehouse building on St Michael’s Mount into a fully-fitted modern office.
- Renovation of a private residence ‘The Lodge’ on St Michael’s Mount.
- Refurbishment of Treveal Farmhouse, Zennor.
St Aubyn Estates
- Conversion, build and interior work of new St Aubyn Estates Office into a modern, functioning office for 12 employees.
- Refurbishment of Higher Roskestal Farmhouse.
- New build of Kestal Farmhouse.
Private and residential heritage and maintenance work
- Renovation and restoration of a 16th Century private residential cottage including removal of mid-20th Century additions, renovation using traditional materials and methods whilst incorporating current insulation processes, new plumbing, heating and electricity systems and installation of an exterior air-source heat pump supplying heating and hot water.
- Manufacture and supply of specialist joinery for other local building contractors.